How do I configure notification scheme in jira?

Danillo Prado September 12, 2013

Good Afternoon,
I created a new model of Notification Scheme to send e-mail to groups that would like to receive, but no group is receiving the notification. Can you help me with this problem?

When I go directly to the issue and click on notification helper, it notifies me that the user is able to receibe the notice. Another test I did was enter System, Send E-mail to a specific user, the user receives it, but when I change the status, nothing happens.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2013

There's a number of things to check (many of which overlap with the notification helper, but it's worth checking them all to follow the logic through)

First, are you testing this yourself? You are in the group that should get the mail? If so, then go into your profile and make sure the "email myself when I make changes" flag is set (or Jira will silently drop your mails when you make changes)

Check the notification scheme - what event is being caught in order to send your mail to a group? As you say "when I change status (of the issue)", you want to look explicitly at the event you want to get for that change of status. For example, Event: Issue Resolved (usually occurs on resolving an issue) goes to "group X"

Next check the project configuration - are you sure it is using your notification scheme?

Now the event side - go to your workflow and find the transition that you are using (for my example, it would be "resolve issue")

Look at the "post function" for the transition, it should have "Fire Event: Y". Check that this event is the one that should be triggering the email.

Suggest an answer