How do I combine issues from multiple projects into a single backlog and sprint?

Hi,

I am managing a development team that works on multiple different projects, a fairly common scenario I assume. I would love to base our sprint planning based on the team though, rather than doing it on a project by project level. What I am asking is, is there a way to view project A, B & C's issues that are in the backlog of each respective project, in a single backlog view, thus allowing me to create ONE sprint containing issues from each different project? This seems to me to be something that would be fairly common, however I am yet to discover an answer on this. I hope someone here can enlighten me about this practise.

Best regards,

André

1 answer

1 accepted

It´s absolutely possible. When you create the board, Jira asks you if it will be for an existing project or for an existing saved filter.

You have to select the second (first you have to create a saved filter that includes all projects you want to managed togheter, the simplest is project in (PRJ1, PRJ2, PRJ3)) and then the board, both backlog and active sprint views, will include issues from several projects.

Regards.

You are indeed right sir, found it out this morning actually. But forgot to update my post.

Thank you for taking the time to explain it though, someone else might get something useful out of the answer later.

Very helpful answer! Thanks for posting the question Andre and thanks for answering Aylin

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

63 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you