How do I clean up issues in next-gen kanban?

Edmund Munday October 20, 2018

I'm running a Kanban board on next-gen project. How do I clean up my "done" column? There's no option to "Release" issues, they are just piling up in "done".

3 answers

7 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2018

Hello,

If you did not enable sprints, then all issues in the most right column will be removed from the board after 14 days. You can find more info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/get-started-with-next-gen-projects-945104903.html

edmund munday October 21, 2018

@Alexey Matveev - perfect, thank you!

Like Dmitry Motrenko likes this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2018

You are welcome! If you feel like my answer helped you, kindly accept my answer.

Jason Hwang April 7, 2020

I've added "Undone" column and my tasks in both Done and Undone can't disappear after 14 days... Can anyone explain how to clean up those tasks done in the new generation kanban board?

Like # people like this
Andreas Atteneder May 25, 2020

The proposed solution doesn't work here. Issues stay in "Done" column for longer than 14 days.

Apart from that, I thinkt there should be some way to remove them actively (without creating a sprint-based workflow).

Like # people like this
2 votes
Jane Ansara August 28, 2020

Perhaps this was added since this thread started? I am finding this feature

Done.png

Andreas Atteneder August 31, 2020

Yes, I think it was added. Perfect!

Only question remaining: I can only clear a fraction (6 out of 70) of the issues. How come?

Like # people like this
Jane Ansara August 31, 2020

I do not have this issue. We are able to clear all issues that are Done. Please share anything you learn regarding.

Anat Kutner January 28, 2021

I'm having the same issue @Andreas Atteneder  were you able to solve this somehow?

kayla.crowder February 8, 2021

I am having this issue as well, is there some specific level of permissions needed, or something on the board?

2 votes
rachael.shah May 20, 2020

I have the same issues as Jason above, there are tickets in done older than 14 days since they were moved there and they are not archived, any suggestions?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2020

Have they been amended, commented or changed in any way in the last 14 days?

Chris Breuer May 21, 2020

Same issues here. And they have not been updated in the last 14 days. In fact, most of them are months old. 

Because of the number of done items that we cannot "empty"/remove, the page starts responding slowly. Almost becoming useless.

This is a very common issue many users are facing as you can see by reading the responses in several relating threads.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer