How do I change the site name I put when creating a free project?

Matias Stricagnoli January 14, 2020

Hi. I just created a free project and put somename.attlasian.net as the site name. But, any idea on how to change the name of the site, so the url should be othername.attlasian.net?

2 answers

1 accepted

Dylan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2022

Updating URLs is available for sites that have at least one Jira or Confluence product with a Standard, Premium, or Enterprise plan. You are unable to update the URL if the site has only Jira Free and Confluence Free. However, if you evaluate one of our paid subscriptions, that should give you access to the feature whilst the evaluation is active.

Please read our self help documentation on how to Update a product URL.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

Here is the help document explaining how https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/changing-the-cloud-instance-url-address-or-migrating-to-a-new-cloud-instance-691011835.html  

Atlassian recently released the first iteration of being able to rename your cloud site. To see if you qualify, start by contacting support

Thanks, but now my question is "how do I contact support for changing the base url?" It looks like I can't from the link you send me.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

yes, but no matter what do I do or choose it keeps redirecting me to "Explore community" or "View Documentation" buttons.

What should I select in "What can we help you with?"

I truly sorry, but don't know how to actually write a question to support instead of being redirecting to the community or documentation :(

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2020

If you are using a free version then you have limited support through the documentation and community.  Are you on a free version of the product?

Suggest an answer