How do I change the profile visibility of another user as site admin?

Crystal Bantados November 18, 2019

I need to change the profile/email visibility for my Jira users in order for us to use a integration from a 3rd party tool.  However when I go in and log  in as the user and try to change that setting using this link:  https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility it just brings me to my own profile settings. How do I navigate to this page while logged in as my user?  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2019

Hello @Crystal Bantados

Thank you for reaching out.

Currently, only the user himself can change his e-mail visibility directly on their profile. It is not possible at this moment for Site-admins to change the e-mail visibility preferences form Managed users.

You can find more details about what changes an admin can make on this documentation.

We clearly understand how this functionality would be useful in some cases. That being said, we created the following feature request to allow this kind of customization:

Introduce more control over managed user profile and visibility settings 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Oded Nahum June 23, 2021

@Petter Gonçalves any update on this issue? we are trying to get the list of our users email in order to use the Jira API with our team

Kiss Ádám Róbert March 28, 2022

Hello @Petter Gonçalves 

We are interested in this feature too. Do you have any update about it?

Thanks!

Tim Simpson January 30, 2023

This would be very helpful

Sirvan Jackson August 15, 2023

Checking in about an update. Any @Petter Gonçalves update?

Scott Musser September 25, 2023

Checking in... we need this also... or to have the Rest API respect the email address visibility settings.

Suggest an answer