How do I change the order of the workflow status in the dropdown list?

Carl Abraham May 10, 2017

I have an existing Kanban board.

I configured the board and added a new column "Review/Testing" and a new status "in review" within the Review/testing column.

However when I view a issue, the workflow button, with the dropdown, show the 'in review' status at the end (after done). How do I change it so it comes before "done" ?

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2017

That's the standard issue view, not the Kanban board. 

You can change the order by telling JIRA what order you want them to appear in the workflow.  Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html and look at the opsbar.sequence bit.

Carl Abraham May 10, 2017

Sorry for the dumb question, but how do I update that? IS it in the settings? or is it a file i need to edit?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2017

You'll need to log in as an admin and edit the workflowto add the properties.

Have a look at the sidebar to the left of the link I gave, I think you'll find you're quite deep in the documentation tree, but also beneath something like "working with workflows" which is probably a good starting point for workflow updates.

Suggest an answer