• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I change the icon for my Jira Cloud app?

I have followed the Getting Started Guide for building a Jira Cloud app, and I was able to install the functional app into my own Jira Cloud account.  It's functional and working great, but I can't figure out how to set the icon in the Jira menu to what I want.  For example, here's how it looks now:

atlassian-app-icon.png

The PayPal Invoicing app is what I've added, but it gets this generic icon.  I'd rather change that to the PP logo/icon.  Any information on where I make this change would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Drew Angell,

The icon module may work for you, try add in your descriptor JSON file like below: 

"icon": {
          "width": 16,
          "height": 16,
          "url": "/maps/icon.png"  // Location of your logo to be displayed
        },

For more details see this example.

Thanks,
Ram.

Thanks, this worked!

Hi, @Drew Angell 

It looks like @Angélica Luz right. Doesn't work this suggestion for added icon. I created plugin from get started page and try to change icon.

1606213846813.jpg

0 votes

Hi Andrew,

The icons generated by add-ons it's not possible to change.
On Jira, we can only change the Logo and Favicon, but it will not be applied to add-ons.
We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of the ability to change the color of the add-ons, but not the icons:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-68147
I'm sorry that we can't be more helpful on it.

Regards,
Angélica

What about the Atlas CRM icon you see in the same screenshot I provided?  That's an add-on app, and they were able to make that icon like their logo.  That's what I'm wanting to do. 

I know it's not something that would be set from within any JIRA Settings panel like Logo and Favicon, but somewhere within the actual app development I should be able to set that.  I'm just not finding it in the documentation for how to set the icon of my custom app.

Hi Andrew,

I would give the same option as Rambabu, can you please test and let us know if it works?

Regards,
Angélica

Yes, I will be trying it soon and I will update you.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you