It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I change the colours for slices in the Pie Chart Gadget on the Dashboard?

I've seen on other posts that their was currently no option to change the colours for each slice in a Pie Chart, however one option that I saw was to edit the Jira source code and make changes in there. 

How do I get access to the source code? Or alternatively, is there a better way around this?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote

this is a stupid way - there are lots of non-programmers out there.  I have a problem where I am using 3 different pie charts to show progress on 3 different environments and on the 1st 2 pie charts the color green represents CLOSED while on the 3rd chart it represents OPEN - this is way too confusing to use with executives due to the amount of explanation needed - please fix this!

Nic Brough Community Leader Feb 20, 2019

I think it's a weakness too - I'd like to see the colours configurable ideally, being able to set some form of rules for them.  Even the addition of a hard-coded "use the priority colour" and "use the status colour" when grouping by one of them would be vastly welcome.

Like Rowan van Rooij likes this

Hi @Nic 

No rules yet, but this should help some people.

Your feedback would be most gratefully received.

Thanks,

0 votes
Nic Brough Community Leader Oct 30, 2017

If you have a commercial licence, you can get the source from the licence page in your my.atlassian account.

There is no "way around", the colours are set  by the code in the gadget.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

Managing Incidents - The roof is on FIRE!

The roof is on FIRE… network outages, broken processes, upset clients and employees. Each day seemed to bring more and more issues. Incidents were communicated via email, messengers (skype or teams) ...

101 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you