How do I change the base URL?

J. Pablo Fernández January 13, 2015

How do I change the base URL for my cloud hosted JIRA service? I can see the option in Administration -> System -> General Configuration but when I click "Edit Settings", that setting is not present anymore. What I'm trying to achieve is to change from aaa.attlasian.com to bbb.attlasian.com.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

For the cloud JIRA/Confluence the base URL is set by Atlassians... Why would you need to change that? What is your scenario?

J. Pablo Fernández January 13, 2015

What I'm trying to achieve is to change from aaa.attlasian.com to bbb.attlasian.com.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

OK, this is not the base URL as in "hosted" version - they call it instance URL. Take a look here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOUDKB/Changing+the+Cloud+instance+URL+address

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2015

Yes, the base url is just one thing that has to be updated if you move the instance to a new address. That's why you can't change it yourself - you don't have the access to change the other things, and a mismatched base url would break your system.

Suggest an answer