How do I change domain ID

avinash July 21, 2021

Hi, 

How do I change my jira domain. Eg: My current domain is https://abcc.atlassian.net and is it possible for me to change the abcc to xyz. If yes, how do I get it done?

Regards,

2 answers

3 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2021

Hi @avinash

for changing the specific sub-domain like old.atlassian.net to new.atlassian.net there are reports in Community that Atlassian does this as a one-off upon Support Request - but only on paid plans (Standard and above).
In case you are on a Free plan there are options described in Knowledge base:

For all of the other options like renaming an Organization please refer to what Alex already suggested.

Regards,
Daniel

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

Hi @avinash ,

I don't think it's possible to change the "id" of your subdomain, since we are talking about a subdomain (different "folder" within the atlassian.net domain). You could start a new one from scratch and move everything from the old one to the new one, or change the "organisation name". For the latter:

• Settings > User Management
  • Click settings from the header menu
  • Click details
  • Change the name

As you can see from the image below, "Your organisation name is displayed in headings and emails sent to managed accounts. It will usually be the name of your company or organisation".

orgname.png

Hope that helps!

Alex

Suggest an answer