How do I change Epic label colours in Kanban - JIRA Agile Cloud

I have a Kanban board with tasks that I assign to an epic. An epic label is shown on the tasks. How do I change the colour of the epic labels?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Mark,

To change the colour of an epic, you can use the following documentation as guidance: Changing the colour of an epic, however, that is only for Scrum boards. There's no way to manage Epics in Kanban Boards similar to Scrum Boards' Plan mode for now, there's an open improvement regarding this request being tracked at: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-7052

Please add yourself as a watcher to be notified of future updates.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

For what it's worth, I was googling this question and came across a workaround that helped me assign a color for an Epic.... I edited the Epic issue, added the "Epic Colour" to the form, and assigned a label called "ghx-label-6" as the value.  That's green.  I do not know what other options are available.  I know another label called "ghx-label-5" is in use for a different Epic (now that the field is visible on the Default Screen), and that's blue.  Presumably there's a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.... 

After reading April's answer I realized you can also do this:

• Create a Scrum board for the same project as your Kanban board
  • Open that board & the epics view
  • Change colors as desired
  • Delete the Scrum board you just created

Since presumably there's a hidden "Epic Colour" field, the colors appear to stick even after deleting the scrum board.

This works, thanks for the work-around!

Thank you! PERFECTION!! I had an old Scrum version of my Kanban board already established. I'm just going to keep it around for this adjustment each PI.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

105 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you