How do I bulk move specific Epic/label having a story/task/bug associated with it to new project

Arvind_Kurmi November 14, 2019

Hi,

I have a project which has some epic and I want to move a few epics to another new project and let me know what things need to be taken care of. I wanted to do this as we are splitting the entire project into 2 teams to have their sprint and access managed separately.

Also, want to do a similar activity on the basis of the label as some story/task/issues are marked only with the label and they are not under any epic. How should I proceed to have a lookalike movement without any changes with association of user and their status?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jayesh Wankhade November 15, 2019

Navigate to Issues and Filters, select advance search. Select the current project and type as Epic. From the right side corner select Bulk All changes.

1.PNG

Select Epic that you want to move to a new project.

2.PNG

Select the "Move Issues" option and click on Next button.

3.PNG

Select the new project from dropdown list.

4.PNG

Please let me know if this is useful for you or not.

Arvind_Kurmi November 19, 2019

Hi Jayesh,

For issues this is working fine can you elaborate on epic and it's task if I move epic it just moves my epic and not my task / issues belonging to those epic

If I move epic from project1 to project 2 what will happen to the issues attached with them?

If I move epic and then move issues will it be attached to the correct epic?

If I create epic in project 2 and only move issues from project1 to project2 will it work.

Jayesh Wankhade November 19, 2019

Que 1: If I move epic from project 1 to project 2 what will happen to the issues attached with them?
Ans 1: Issues are attached with the same epic but the project will get changed. If you want issues to remain with the same project then you can remove Epic from the issues.

Que 2: If I move epic and then move issues will it be attached to the correct epic?
Ans 2: Yeah you can either move epic first or issues. You can make bulk changes at any time.

Que 3: If I create epic in project 2 and only move issues from project 1 to project 2 will it work.
Ans 3: Yeah it will work.

Note: Bug, Epic, Story, etc. are all types of issues only so the bulk movement from project 1 to project 2 can be done at any time.

Arvind_Kurmi November 25, 2019

Hi Jayesh,

Thanks for the input migration is done properly :-)

Like Jayesh Wankhade likes this
Jayesh Wankhade November 25, 2019

Great 

Suggest an answer