How do I bring custom field into tasks in Kanban board

Mark Deacon February 5, 2020

I have Jira Service Desk and I have created a custom field (multi-select) which we have called 'Tags' where we get the customer to tag the ticket based on a few options. This ticket comes through to our Service Desk where we then 'Move' the issue to our Developers Projects into an issue within their Kanban Board.

Most of the information is transferring across accept for this custom field. I am trying to figure it out but struggling to find out how to do this.

1 answer

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2020

Hi @Mark Deacon

Have you made sure that the Tags field is on all of the relevant screens within the developers project?

If an issue has been given a value within one project, then the issue is moved to another project, the value of that field will be saved within the issue, however you will only be able to see this value/field if the field is on the screen of the project you have moved it to

Mark Deacon February 6, 2020

Thanks @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_

Yes I have turned ALL screens on in the Tags field (see attached), however when I go into the Project Settings of a different board it is not showing up as a field I can add to the Issue/Task.

2020-02-06_22-54-44.png

2020-02-06_22-53-47.png

Suggest an answer