How do I automate transition a linked issue in a separate project?

Andrew Lazare February 1, 2021

I have to projects. 

Project 1:

Dev

Project 2:

QA

When a tickets status is updated to "Pending QA" on our "Dev" board it creates a linked ticket on our QA board with the status of "ToDo"

My goal is to have any linked issue update its status to "Done" when ever the other linked issue is moved to "Done".  I would also like the ticket on the "Dev" board move to "QA Failed" if the ticket in "QA" is updated to "QA Failed".

Is this possible without adding a plug-in?

1 answer

0 votes
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

Hi @Andrew Lazare 

You must create a global rule indicating the projects affected, in your case, "DEV" and "QA" as it appears in the image

Transition Linked Issues.PNG

In the transition Issue condition you must indicate Done status

And you must perform the same steps to transition to the "QA Failed" state in a new Global rule.

I hope it helps you.

Greetings.

Andrew Lazare February 2, 2021

HI Paloma!

Thank you for the reply. I do not have the option to apply this rule to Multiple Scopes. Is there another setting?image.png

Thanks again, 

Andrew

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2021

Hi @Andrew Lazare 

On the previous screen, when you select what type of rule you want to create, you must indicate "Global Rules", from there you will have the option to include multiple projects in the scope.

Automation Rules Types.PNG

I hope it helps you.

Greetings

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events