How do I ask JIRA "what bugs have I modified in the last X days?"

Jonah Petri April 23, 2013

Title says it all: How do I ask JIRA "what bugs have I modified in the last X days?"

11 answers

1 accepted

21 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

You can search for all issues you have transitioned in the last to days with this JQL

status changed BY username AFTER -2d

But this does not work for "updated" or "updateDate". For the current versions of JIRA the history operators can only be used with the Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution and Status fields.

Henning

arkady May 21, 2019

No, this answer is not relevant, it's about change of status, but question is about bug modification, which is wider than just modification of status.

Like Benjamin Horst likes this
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2019

But since there's not a 100% satisfactory out-of-the-box solution for what Jonah asks for, people in this thread have just provided with some useful JQL expressions. And we've explained the limitations of the queries so... some answers might be relevant for someone. 

Like # people like this
Matt Caruso September 15, 2020

Like me! This was extremely relevant to me!

Like Iago Docando likes this
Ben Blair May 26, 2021

I was looking for a way to say:
Show me all Issues assigned to User X OR was changed from workflow Y to workflow B by user, and managed to do it with the following:

assignee =USER OR status changed FROM 'in progress' TO 'in review' BY USER

(change the workflow names to whatever you use in your configuration)

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2021

those are statuses, not workflows. A workflow has n statuses, and the same status might be present in more than one workflow. While this JQL works fine to search for issues transitioned by a certain user you can't search for issues that have at some point change their workflow from A to B.

7 votes
Nikolai August 21, 2016

The closest I could come to the requirement is:

1) Status changed by user within last x days

2) Created by user within last x days

3) Assignee changed by user within last x days

(status changed BY currentuser() after -8d) or (created >= -8d and creator = currentuser() ) or (assignee changed by currentuser() after -8d)

Still not covered: Commented without change of status or assignee

Note: At least the "assignee changed" part of the query seems to work weird with the dates, you might want to increase the required number of days by 1 to really catch all issues

arkady May 21, 2019

Thank you for trying answer the question. This is helpful.

5 votes
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2018

Just in case this might be useful to anybody:

Even though the exact case scenario here commented has no JQL solution (at least I don't see it), another good filter to find stuff you've done is worklogAuthor = currentUser()

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2018

To look for issues that were at some point assigned to you but you forgot to log time to them:

assignee was currentUser() and worklogAuthor != currentUser()

To look for issues that were at some point assigned to you and are still open but no time has been logged in them in a while:

assignee was currentUser() and statusCategory != Done and worklogDate < startOfDay(-x)

where x is the ammount of days where no time has been logged.

Like # people like this
5 votes
Jonah Petri April 30, 2013

The answer is seemingly "You can't". Even though that information exists somewhere (you can see it in the bug history) you can't search for it.

Too bad. When I had that search in one of the previous bug trackers I used, I would use it all the time.

4 votes
Darren Pegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2015

What if you watch your issues?

project = <project> AND updated >= -7d AND watcher = currentUser()

3 votes
Leonard Chew
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2016

There is a JIRA suggestion for this feature: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-15235 you may vote for it, but it is an old request.
As for now, and what I see, the nearest you can get to this is using the JQL Mykola Novik posted.

Alternatives

Use the Activity Stream Gadget in a private Dashboard

ActivityStream.png

Use a Database Query if you have access to the database

In analogy to the Activity Stream Gadget, it queries the item-history, but you've got more options for filtering, grouping, etc.

The result looks like:

ItemHistoryResult2.png

select ji.issuekey, ji.issuetype, cg.author, cg.created changedate, ci.field, ci.oldvalue, ci.oldstring, ci.newvalue, ci.newstring
from changegroup cg
join changeitem ci on (cg.id = ci.GROUPID)
join (select ji.id, p.pkey||'-'||ji.issuenum issuekey, ji.summary, it.pname issuetype, ji.created
      from jiraissue ji
      join project   p  on (ji.project   = p.id)
      join issuetype it on (ji.issuetype = it.id)
      ) ji on (cg.issueid = ji.id)
------------------------------      
where author = 'your.user.name'                      -- modify user
and cg.created &gt; to_date('08.08.2016','dd.mm.yyyy')  -- modify date
and cg.created &lt; to_date('10.08.2016','dd.mm.yyyy') 
and issuetype in ('Bug','Story','Epic')              -- modify issuetype
------------------------------
order by cg.created
3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2013

I don't think you can do this directly, other than by reading your activity stream in your profile.

Chaithra's answers are close, but the problem is that Jira searches by issue, not by person, so "all changes made by X" queries are rather hard to construct.

I think this needs some JQL coding...

2 votes
Jemari Thurston October 12, 2017

This data is right on the UI, and clearly of significant interest to users but you can't extract it.

Not thought out.

2 votes
David March 26, 2015

You can do assignee WAS currentUser() but the problem with that is you'll see any issue that you've been assigned to at some point. So not ideal, but closer.

Paul Pehrson November 3, 2017

This was very helpful for me. I could then use fixVersion to see all issues that had been assigned to me in the current release (or a previous release). Thanks!

1 vote
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2013

You will have to use filter

Example : issuetype = Bug AND updated >= -2d

For more details refer - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching

Jonah Petri April 23, 2013

Thanks, but that's not what I'm asking. I only want the issues which I have changed, not all issues which have been changed by anyone.

Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2013

In JQL you can search if Status/ Resolution is changed by X user, but this doesnot mean whatever X user has changed.

issuetype = Bug AND updated >= -2d and status changed BY X USER

0 votes
Dnyanesh Atre February 19, 2015

This worked for me:

assignee = currentUser() OR reporter=currentUser()

to find all the stories and issues changed by current user since the project

just add AND updated = StartofWeek() at the end and gives you weekly changes

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2015

Doesn't work. I've got a bug I worked on and assigned to a colleague, your search won't find it.

Like Sarah Kladstrup likes this
KetanS June 26, 2015

Toolkit is the one that works closed . It provides field LastUpdatorCommentor which will show value of last user edited or commented whichever is latest

Suggest an answer