How do I archive cards from Done in my kanban board?

Mike Dakan October 17, 2019

The done column is filling up fast

3 answers

1 vote
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

You could change the filter adding something like 

and status changed TO 'DONE' BEFORE (-30d) 
Martijn ten Caat December 8, 2021

If you want to include done tickets that are not older then 30 days it should be:

AND NOT status changed to done before (-30d)

This works for me.

1 vote
Gustav L_Estrade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

Hello @Mike

One way of achieving this is to create a status that comes after the "Done" status of your workflow. Then dont assign the status to any column of the board you are using. In that way you can transition the "Done" tasks to "Archived" and in that way make them disappear from the board (even if they are there, just not visible). 

With this solution it is also possible for any persons interested in seeing these tasks to create an additional board that has the status included. 

Hope this helps,

Good luck with your Jira endeavours!

Gustav L_Estrade
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2019

The statuses can be assigned/unassigned to columns under Board > Configure > Columns from the board view. The statuses are shown either on the columns or to the right of the columns. The ones to the right of the columns are the statuses that are unassigned. The Archive-status should then be placed there. 

0 votes
Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2019

Hello Mike, you can change the board settings to hide any issues that have their resolution set. eg: resolution is empty

To change the boards settings you can click on Board -> Configure -> General tab -> Kanban board sub-filter.

Hope this helps.

Mike Dakan October 17, 2019

Yes I can Hide the issue, however it still shows on my dashboard in a 'status'.  I want to remove it from the board as it is completed and no longer needs to be tracked.

Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2019

I can think of two reasons why this is happening: 

1. The resolution is not set to "Done" or another resolution
  2. The board's settings are not excluding the issues because they are not configured to do this. 

Just to clarify and exclude one of the options, are you utilising the resolutions in your instance?

Suggest an answer