How do I allow public users to see dashboard and items within the dashboard?

Shane Kremer September 24, 2021

I have a dashboard that I want to share with some execs, but don't want to have to deal with them logging into Jira. I've created a simple dashboard with a single widget, which is to view some issues.

• I edited the permission scheme for the project and gave public access to "Browse Project"
    • "Any logged in or anonymous user can browse this project."
  • I made sure that the query was shared publicly
    • This filter is visible to:
      • Public
  • I made sure that the dashboard was also available publicly

When I try to view the dashboard as an un-authenticated user, I can see the dashboard, but the issue list is emtpy.

Is there an additional permission that I need to grant? This is pretty ridiculous.

3 answers

0 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 10, 2022

Hi @Shane Kremer

Jira restricts every piece of content, so if there's anything that an external user cannot see in those issues, then, it won't show anything at all. I've created a simple dashboard too and shared it without luck...

If you are up for a commercial app, we provide one called Dashboard Hub for Jira that lets you share in a secure way any reporting dashboard that you create: Agile Team dashboard, ITSM dashboard, DevOps dashboard

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Gamal Ardipratama May 9, 2022

@Shane Kremer same thing happened to me. did you happen to have the solution?

Ryan Lange
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 8, 2023

@Shane Kremer We are also experiencing the same issue.  Did you find a solution?

0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2021

can you open the filter as un-authenticated user?

what do you see there?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events