How do I allow our development team to be able to '@mention' another user?

Dipali Patel February 24, 2020

I am using Jira Software and I have it set up so that the users in the project can @mention another user. We use the when we are discussing issues and sending them back and forth. For some reason our development team cannot use this feature. I tried to log in under them to see if I could change it in the permissions but I was not able to find it. How can I allow them to use the @ symbol to mention another user?

1 answer

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2020

They need to have the "Browse users" permission.  This is a global permission, not a project permission scheme one.

Got to the admin section, look under System -> Global Permissions.  You will need to add your developers group to the Browse Users permission there.

Dipali Patel February 24, 2020

Thank you, but I am still not able to give them permission to @ anyone. I'm still new with this Jira and trying to get a hang of it. Are there any step by step directions?

Suggest an answer