How do I allow multiple users to edit a filter?

Lucid Software October 7, 2014

Super simple: We have a very commonly (but complex) filter. To keep it current with some changes we, need to update it to include additional statues or other criteria. Having one person do that all of the time is the antithesis of collaborative.

How can I allow multiple users to edit a filter?

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

Unfortunately this is not possible, however you can follow/vote for the Suggestion issue here. From their last update, they hope to re-evaluate this within the next year or so. 

Lucid Software October 7, 2014

Yeah, and it has been duplicated 11 times. Kinda a no-brainer.

Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

Exactly. Looks like it was cut from the 5.0 release, hopefully we'll get it with 7.

Andrej Freeze _ greenique
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2020

In case some people are wondering, the suggestion for server was resolved whereas the one for cloud is still open. It can be found here.

3 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2019

If I can select a group to View the filter, why can't I select a group to edit the filter. This is such a pain?  

There is no way an admin is going to change the owner to the filter every time someone wants to make a change and simply put the admin is not going to make a change on behalf of someone else. So this lack of functionality is really annoying.

All I want to do is give my users the ability to change a customer in the filter. 

Alternative solutions:

• is to create a filter for each customer, which is a huge job when there are hundreds of customers. 
  • ask the user to clone my filter and update the customer accordingly, but that means every user could potentially have a different filter. 

PLEASE can you sort this problem out! 

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2014

And admin can change the owner of a shared filter and that is probably the only workaround. But that will then be a monotonous job for the admin!

0 votes
Gopal Rathi August 10, 2020

@Claire Kemp @Mike Bowen looks like this has been fixed since Jira server 7.12 + , though seems like not yet available in Jira cloud. If you are using Jira server then hope this helps ..

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-17783

0 votes
Claire Kemp May 12, 2020

PLEASE PLEASE sort this problem out. It means that I am a huge bottleneck and my team cannot iterate on filters collaboratively

Suggest an answer