How do I add the alert "Add to sprint" when creating new tickets?

amandapixo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 12, 2019

I have an existing project in JIRA, after a user enters a new story or bug ticket and clicks submit, a prompt/message appears with Issue number created, states it is not visible on board yet, and then it has a link to push that says "Add to Sprint XX" and it automatically adds newly created ticket to the team's sprint board. 

How do I configure this to appear? 
Where do I make this setting enabled? 

Anyone have any advice, I'm getting lost in help forums. 

Kindly,

Amanda

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2019

Hello Amanda,

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to achieve the exact goal you are looking for without using third-party plugins, however, JIRA has a Field Required Validator that provides you with similar functionality. Let me provide you with the steps to implement it and what functionality it will add to your JIRA Application:

1 - Navigate to your project > Project Settings > Workflows > Click to Edit your workflow

2 - On Diagram mode, click on the create issue transition > Validators

3 - Add the field required validator, configuring the Sprint field to be required and the error message you want to pop-up, in case this field is not filled:

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 16.58.16.png

4 - Save your workflow draft

Performing the steps above, the user will receive a custom pop-up message defined by you if no value is added to the Sprint field. Once he clicks on the Sprint field to fill it, he will be returned with the current active Sprint of the project by default.

The only thing that might be a blocker for you using this functionality is that the issue will not be created until a Sprint is configured to it. That being said, if your users should be able to create new issues out of the Sprint, I suggest you to inform them to use a different issue type where you will configure a different workflow without the validator.

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer