How do I add regex to an exisiting mail handler?

SallyD September 27, 2014

I have a custom mail handler that is based on the "Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue" handler. Email replies are being added as comments but Outlook replies do not strip out the original email.  I believe the issue is the horizontal rule that MS puts above the original message.  Here is the contents of the  Outlook-email.translations file.  I believe the last line represents this horizontal rule.

---- Original Message ----

----Original Message----

----Original Message Follows----

---- Original Message Follows ----

----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

---- Ursprüngliche Nachricht ----

_____

~

~

Since that does not appear to be working, my next guess is to add a regex to the handler, but the UI does not include that option for this handler.  How do I add the regex to this mail handler or what is the correct solution?

Sally

2 answers

0 votes
Pablo Arango May 7, 2015

Hello Sally, Did you manage to make this work for you? have the same situation here... Pablo,

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2014

You can't add a regex, you need to swap to a mail handler that does have the regex functionality.  Turn off the existing one and pick another.

SallyD September 28, 2014

My understanding is that I need to use a 'create issue' handler because only one of my many projects allows new issue creation from email.  These are the only handlers that specify the project in which to create the issue.  I also understand that I can have only one active handler at a time.

Am I wrong on these items? 

Suggest an answer