How do I add preset comments so I am not typing the same comment a million times?

IMMJ POS July 8, 2024

How do I add preset comments so I am not typing the same comment a million times?

For example, I need the issue checked and fixed today so I type "Please check and fix it today." Is there a way to just type it in somewhere and save my comments and then just click a button and have it post my preset comment or comments?

Thanks,

Lavi

2 answers

0 votes
Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2024

As @Pragnesh Patel 

Mentions, these are options to look into or otherwise you can always see the marketplace for apps that can add this functionality to Jira

0 votes
Pragnesh Patel July 8, 2024

@IMMJ POS You can this with couple of ways. 

Create custom field with dropdown values as many you need the different text. So you just need to select value from dropdown and need not have to write same comments every time.

Another ways is to create automation rule where on specific action and condition the comment will be added in the field you want. You can refer below link to have more understanding of automation rule.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/create-and-edit-jira-automation-rules/

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

IMMJ POS July 9, 2024

Thank you Pragnesh.

I added a Custom Field and then Associated my new field to the Default Screen. But I don't see it anywhere.

The image below shows where I want it. When I add comments, I just want a drop down to select the text.

jira1.jpg

Let me know if that can be done.

Pragnesh Patel July 9, 2024

@IMMJ POS  - The custom field will always be treated as separate field. If you need the text to be added in comments, you need to use automation rule. 

IMMJ POS July 9, 2024

The automation rule is not going to work for me.

Thank you for your help. Appreciate it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events