How do I add notifications for transitions through a workflow?

Isaac Myman April 9, 2015

I need to be notified when an issue is transitioned from 1 status to another in the workflow. So when the issue goes from open to in development I need a notification and then from in dev to ready for testing etc.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2015

Look at your workflow - there are transitions between status.  Each transition has a post-function that says "Fire ... event", with the ... being replaced by a specific event name.  You can edit these post-functions to select the event from the list.

If you look at admin -> issues -> Events, you'll find a standard list, but you can add new ones (like "Issue in development" or "issue ready to test"), which may be worth doing here - you can use any custom ones in your transitions.

Finally, go to the "notification scheme".  You'll see that when you add your own events, they automatically appear on the notification list, so you can say things like "when issue in development is fired, email the role of developers"

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2015

Hi Isaac,

You need to use a Notification Scheme in your project to achieve that. You need to make sure which event is being fired in that workflow transition and in your notification scheme you need to select who should be notified.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Suggest an answer