How do I add more workflow transition buttons to my issue view? and How to set the order of workflow

Nagaraju Reddy June 8, 2018

We have noticed that if there are 5 workflow transitions available for a issue the first 2 transitions are available as buttons at the top of the issue and the 3, 4 and 5th transition is available under the 'Workflow' Drop Down menu.

We would like prefer to have 5 workflow transitions as buttons at the top of an issue.

and

How to set the order of workflow transitions?

I have statuses like : New, Waiting for Support, Reassign Group, acknowledge, Respond to Customer, cancel, resolve this issue,

• For Waiting for Support status, please put the workflow buttons in this order: Acknowledge, Resolve this issue, Reassign Group, Respond to Customer, Cancel

• For Waiting for Customer status, please put the workflow buttons in this order: Acknowledge, Resolve this issue, Reassign Group, Respond to Customer, Cancel, Customer Responded

1 answer

3 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2018

Hello,

To order statuses you should use the opsbar-sequence workflow property:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html

This solution work for Cloud and Server

How manipulate the number of displayed transitions you can find here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-I-show-all-available-workflow-steps-in-an-issue/qaq-p/374759

This solution does not work for Jira Cloud

Nagaraju Reddy June 8, 2018

Thanks you for your inputs Alexey, As per your suggested link i have followed the same to achieve add more workflow transition buttons to my issue view but its not working

Screen shot:

use.PNG

And to order to transition i have used opsbar-sequence property in transition, but this is also not working 

use1.PNG

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2018

You should add opsbar-sequence to all transitions. Otherwise transitions will not be sorted.

the ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions you add to the jira-config.properties file, which is situated in the JIRA_HOME folder. And you need to restart Jira

René Rondón September 26, 2019

Good morning.

Does the property ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions work for the Cloud version?

Regards.

Seba November 20, 2019

Apparently it doesn't, just tested...

Suggest an answer