It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I add more workflow transition buttons to my issue view? and How to set the order of workflow

We have noticed that if there are 5 workflow transitions available for a issue the first 2 transitions are available as buttons at the top of the issue and the 3, 4 and 5th transition is available under the 'Workflow' Drop Down menu.

We would like prefer to have 5 workflow transitions as buttons at the top of an issue.

and

How to set the order of workflow transitions?

I have statuses like : New, Waiting for Support, Reassign Group, acknowledge, Respond to Customer, cancel, resolve this issue,

• For Waiting for Support status, please put the workflow buttons in this order: Acknowledge, Resolve this issue, Reassign Group, Respond to Customer, Cancel

• For Waiting for Customer status, please put the workflow buttons in this order: Acknowledge, Resolve this issue, Reassign Group, Respond to Customer, Cancel, Customer Responded

1 answer

3 votes

Hello,

To order statuses you should use the opsbar-sequence workflow property:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html

This solution work for Cloud and Server

How manipulate the number of displayed transitions you can find here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-I-show-all-available-workflow-steps-in-an-issue/qaq-p/374759

This solution does not work for Jira Cloud

Thanks you for your inputs Alexey, As per your suggested link i have followed the same to achieve add more workflow transition buttons to my issue view but its not working

Screen shot:

use.PNG

And to order to transition i have used opsbar-sequence property in transition, but this is also not working 

use1.PNG

You should add opsbar-sequence to all transitions. Otherwise transitions will not be sorted.

the ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions you add to the jira-config.properties file, which is situated in the JIRA_HOME folder. And you need to restart Jira

Good morning.

Does the property ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions work for the Cloud version?

Regards.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

231 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you