• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I add a value to a drop-down list (new product model) when creating an issue?

I'm a newbie admin for our JIRA instance and I have a team that needs to add another product/model to their drop-down list of product/models that they can select when creating an issue. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to do that. Anyone??

Jan

2 answers

1 vote

Depends on the field. 

If it is the "components" field, then they need to ask a project administrator to add it.  If it's a "custom select list" (it sounds like one), then they need to ask a JIRA or System administrator to add it.

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Leader May 11, 2017

Hi Jan,

is this a custom field? I think so, since I don't know a system field product/model.

So, go to Admin -> Issues -> Custom Fields

Search your custom field there and select "Configure" from the gearwheel on the right

Then you click on "Edit Options", add your new Value and save it.

Thomas, thank you so much...it is a custom field and I was able to get there with your instructions! Thanks.

@Thomas Schlegel

I see that I have 600 drop down values. Is there any bulk option to add it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you