How do I add a portal issue link to a jira issue filter

Richard Shepley October 22, 2019

Hoping someone can help me. 

We are using JIRA Service desk for internal support in a global company with multiple branches. The staff in those branches are the "customers" requesting support through the JSD portal back to head office. The managers of those branches want an emailed report that has a link to each open issue in the portal so they can open the link and add a comment visible to both the reporter and the agent. The out of the box JIRA issue filter and email subscription only has the JIRA SD project link not the portal link so only an internal comment can be made. 

Is there a way to add the portal issue link to a issue filter? 

2 answers

0 votes
Bonnie Pettis September 12, 2022

Did you ever find an answer?

Richard Shepley September 13, 2022

Hi Bonnie you can solve this problem by adding a custom URL field to your project and then add an Automation to add the link to the field when the issue is created. You can then send out a subscription with the custom field displaying the link. 
Hope this helps

2022-09-14_11-57-28.jpg2022-09-14_11-58-36.jpg

Like Bonnie Pettis likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2019

Yes the issue filter and subscription are intended for use by agents and collaborators. Customers only have access to the portal for viewing issues. I’m not sure why they need an email with links when simply logging into the portal to view open issues should suffice. If they are looking for an email as a reminder you could consider setting up and automated email with a link to the portal. 

Richard Shepley October 22, 2019

Sorry I think you have misunderstood who needs the reports. We have a multiple divisions (branches) around the world, with each local branch having many service technicians in the field, when those technicians are stuck on an issue the raise a support request to head office where our agents and collaborator's work to provide them a solution. Yes the individual technicians can log into the portal and see their open issues however their local manager in the branch has no idea they have even submitted a support request so he doesn't know what open with head office and what has been resolved. The local branch manager wants a portal report of all open tickets in his area so he can follow up with his local technicians to ensure tickets are closed out correctly. Unfortunately the only way I can see the local manager is involved is by adding him as a participant which it looks like I need to purchase the automation for jira plugin to be able to add him automatically. It still doesn't resolve the branch managers request for a report of the open issues in their branch, is there a plugin that can send a open issues summary report from the portal?

Suggest an answer