How do I add a field to the Issue Collector?

mybucket2018 October 26, 2017

Is it possible to add new fields to the issue collector? I want to add a due date and label field if possible.

1 answer

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2017

@mybucket2018, only specific fields can be used with the issue collector. Here is an excerpt from Atlassian 'exclude documentation.

Not all fields of types of fields can be added to the form, since some fields cannot be displayed to anonymous users. The fields types that can be displayed are:

• Standard Fields: Summary, Description, Components, AffectsVersion, Environment, Priority, Attachment
  • Custom Field Types: Date Time, Radio Buttons, Multi-Checkbox, Multi-Select, Number, Select List, URL field, Version Picker, Cascading Select, Project Picker, Single Version Picker, Text Field, Free Text Field

From this list it doesn't appear that you will be able to add the due date or label fields.

Full article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/using-the-issue-collector-802592637.html

.pd

naama February 3, 2019

Hi @Peter DeWitt

I wonder if you found the solution to this questions? and perhaps if you did can you please share it?

Thanks

Naama

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2019

@naama, Check this out.  It looks like you can add values to any field but its going to require that you know Java/Javascript.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/advanced-use-of-the-jira-issue-collector-938847349.html

naama February 4, 2019

@Peter DeWitt

Thanks for that. I was looking a for a way to add due date to the form the customer is filling when creating an issue via the issue collector. Have you find a way to do that?

Thanks!!

Like Jenn Sherman likes this

Suggest an answer