How do I add Estimate and Time Tracking fields to to a Kanban Board's Issue Detail View in Jira Software Cloud?

Michael Trafton August 18, 2016

I'm trying to get the Time Tracking fields (Estimated, Remaining, and Logged) along with the "Include Sub-Tasks" checkbox to show up on the Issue Detail View of a Kanban board in JIRA Software Cloud. I've read a few answers from 2013 that you have to add each field individually, but when I go to configure my board, none of these fields appear in the list of fields available to be added. 

[MT-33] High Level Application Skeleton - JIRA 2016-08-19 01-37-21.png

2 answers

2 votes
shachigovil May 29, 2017

Is there a way to obtain estimation option while configuring Kanban board like we get on Classic board?

1 vote
Deleted user September 18, 2016

You have to configure the screen of the project... For me, this works:

Go to your project and select "Project Settings" from the sidebar. Then, click your way to your screen and configure it (e.g. (from Sidebar in Project Settings) Screens -> [pencil icon next to the screen scheme] -> click on desired screen -> Select "Time Tracking" )

Deleted user September 19, 2016

Just did this for another project with a KANBAN Board, and found out that there are two screens where I had to add "Time Tracking", where one is the default and the other one the bug screen... So you'd probably want to add this on both screens wink

Like venkat8884 likes this
Erin Howell November 9, 2016

While this works to add it to the create issue and edit screens it does not add the time tracking fields to the Detail View (previewing an issue from a backlog), there does not appear to be any way to add the fields to this view unfortunately, so the only way to edit an estimate is to open up each issue to long way

Like # people like this
Frederico Carneiro March 2, 2018

Hi! Any luck with that ? Bye

Andrew Barrett May 8, 2018

I would like to know this as well ^

Julian Verela Taja June 18, 2018

+1 :(

Suggest an answer