How do I access the JIRA admin settings? I am the only user and the admin/owner of the account.

Adam February 16, 2019

I can click on the blue 'person' icon in the bottom-right corner, and can delete the account and all payments to Atlassian, but I can't access the project settings.

Screenshot 2019-02-16 at 19.39.22.png

Screenshot 2019-02-16 at 22.09.01.pngScreenshot 2019-02-16 at 22.47.19.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2019

Hi Adam,

Looking at the screenshot that you sent, it appears that you are not the site-admin of that Jira Cloud site. Also, removing yourself from the site-admins group is not possible.

If you say that you are the only user of that Jira Cloud site, please check if you are logged in with the right account. Otherwise, please contact the site admin and ask them to add you tot the Jira administrators group.

Claudiu

1 vote
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2019

Hi Adam,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Most likely you are a site-admin but not a Jira administrator. To fix this, go to the site administration area (click on the 9-dots at the bottom left Site Administration. In there, locate your user and click Show details on the right. Click on Add to group and then add yourself to the group Jira administrators.

This should allow you to view the Jira Settings section.

Claudiu

Adam February 16, 2019

Hi Claudiu,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Please see the screenshot attached, where I have clicked on the '9-dots at the bottom left' as suggested.

As shown in the screenshot, there is no 'Site Administration' option available.

Screenshot 2019-02-16 at 22.09.01.png

Please can you recommend any other steps?

Like gliberty likes this
0 votes
Elyse Dabeast May 29, 2021

We are using the free version but I cant seem to add anyone, I dont have admin access and I created the account.  @Claudiu Lionte 

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 2.48.33 PM.png

Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
May 30, 2021

@Elyse Dabeast Since the creation of this thread (Feb 2019), the UI of Jira has changed a bit.

In order to add new people to your site, you can go to the site administration area: Click on the cog icon next to your avatar (At the top-right corner of the page), then click on User management. In the page that follows there will be a blue button that reads "Invite users"

Suggest an answer