How do I access issues that have been auto-archived? And how do I stop auto-archiving?

Jakob Müller November 25, 2019

Tickets on the board have been automatically archived. Where can I see the archived tickets?

And how do I prevent JIRA from automatically archiving anything?

Thank you and best wishes

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Jack,

thanks for your answer!

Yes its a next-gen board. I would have to bring back the issues into the Done Lane as its important for our reporting.

I dont know which tickets (WBI Numbers) were archived, so I cannot search for them specifically. 

Is there a way to browse through the "archive" and revive tickets?

Thank you!

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2019

Hi Jakob and welcome to the Community.

So by archiving I'm guessing you are talking about issue simply disappearing from the board. First, to be clear, the issues still exist and can easily be be found thru various means, e.g. searching for them, creating a new board that doesn't age issues of the board, creating dashboards, etc.

Now as to why/how they are disappearing, it depends on the project type and board details. If the project is of type Next-gen then indeed there is an auto aging process where Done issue are aged off after 14d (i think that is the timeframe). This is not currently editable. If you are on a classic project (you would have the option to configure the board via ellipses > Board settings) then you can go to the general page under Board settings and check your sub-filter settings at the bottom of that page.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2019

let's keep the conversation w/in this single thread by using the "Reply" button vs. the "Suggest an answer" section.

You could create a classic Kanban board and not age the issues off. Example:

1. click magnifying glass
  2. click advanced search
  3. create a filter for the NG project and save it
  4. click magnifying glass
  5. click Boards
  6. click Create board
  7. click Kanban
  8. select from saved filter
  9. name it, enter your filter name and choose your Profile as the Location
  10. On your NG project page click "Add item" in sidebar and add the URL link to your board

now if you never age any Done items off then it will grow to be unmanageable in time. so you may wish to add a sub-filter to age them off after 3, 6, 9, 12 months, etc.

Hi Jack, thanks again for your help!! :)

Due to the high number of testers (among them people not familiar with JIRA) that access the board, it would be unwise to change the layout halfway through as it will lead to confusion.

For our next project, I will keep in mind what you wrote!

For now I would very much hope to find a way to revive the "aged off" tickets.

Or is there at least a way to open the archive and display all that which was archived?

Thank you!

Jakob

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2019

you could run this filter

project = xxx and status = done

this will return all done issue but it will include those still on the board.

Jakob Müller November 27, 2019

Hi Jack,

thanks again for answering!

I typed in "Status = Done" translated to my language but it doesnt work!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2019

Is your ‘final’ status “Done” if not please use the name of your status. 

Jakob Müller November 28, 2019

Yes, as I said i used the equivalent of "done" in my language!

Best

Jakob

Suggest an answer