How do I View Closed Sprint Boards?

twoodgett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 21, 2024

I would like to view a previous Sprint in "Board" view but do not see an option to select a previous Sprint. Is this an option?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2024

Hello @twoodgett 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

No, it is not possible to view already closed/completed Sprints in the Board view.

What problem are you trying to solve with this request?

If you are wanting to review the issues that were part of the sprint you could use the Sprint Reports for that.

twoodgett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 21, 2024

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

Thank you for your response. I am actually trying to view completed Stories by Assignee during previous Sprints.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2024

Hello @twoodgett 

There is not a good, native method to get that information.

Each issue keeps track of all the sprints to which it was added and not removed. If an issue was added to Sprint 1 but not completed during that sprint, and subsequently added to Sprint 2, the the issue's Sprint field will show both Sprint 1 and Sprint 2.

There is no built in method to query/report on the sprint in which an issue was specifically closed. You could infer it by looking at the Resolved date of the issue and the date ranges of the associated sprints, but there is no query or reporting functionality available natively to help with that.

You might want to investigate third party apps in the Atlassian Marketplace that provide more sophisticated querying and reporting functionality to see if any of them can help you meet your requirement. That is not a requirement I've had to satisfy, so I don't have any recommendations on a specific app that will help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events