How disable CAPTCHA from login? Get CAPTCHA popup everyday when try to login

Shah Baloch June 6, 2023

Hi Community, I'm experiencing a weird issue. Every day when I try to log in to Jira it asks me to enter CAPTCHA. I know I'm entering the correct password since it's stored in the password managing tool. Also when I log in after entering the captcha there isn't a failed count from the login details in the user management tab. We use Crowd as a user directory. I can log in to Crowd and Confluence with no issues. It's just Jira. I couldn't find an option to disable the captcha for login. The only option is available to sign up and it's already off. I ran the below SQL query to make the login fail 0. I didn't check if there was any failed count.

I'm not sure what the issue is. It's happening every day when I try to log in. The only change we made a few weeks ago was that we migrated from the server to the data center. Is anyone have any idea what the issue can be and how can be fixed?

update cwd_user_attributes set attribute_value = '0' where user_id IN (select id from cwd_user where user_name = 'myuser') and attribute_name = 'login.totalFailedCount';

Thank you,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Graham Twine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2023

Hello @Shah Baloch

This may be a good place to start

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/disable-user-captchas-from-the-jira-database-333807702.html

Captchas cannot be disabled for a specific user.

You can increase the amount of failed login attempts.

Strange you do not see that your failed login in User management.

A long shot but maybe clear the Remember my logins?

Do you see your login request in the atlassian-jira-security.log or in the access log for apache if you have jira behind a proxy?

Try logging in from a private browser tab / window.

Shah Baloch June 9, 2023

Thank you @Graham Twine I didn't follow the article. Before your reply, I went to clear all tokens from my profile and the next day there isn't any captcha. I don't know what it had to do with it. Thank you for your help.

Suggest an answer