How create an internal alias for external Jira website ?

Sam Lowry April 23, 2014

Dear all,

I would like to create an internal short url which could redirect to an external Jira Website.

But, when I create on apache server, I have an error : ngnix 403 Forbidden.

Thanks and regards

SM

2 answers

0 votes
Sam Lowry April 23, 2014

Thanks

But the Jira Website is hosted on your server.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2014

That's an nginx error, nothing to do with Jira really. You'll need to debug that by reading through your nginx logs and documentation.

However, I'd point out that you need to be wary of redirects - Jira only has one base url and runs on that, so even if you have a short redirect, you'll land on external link and stay on that url. So you might as well just point your users straight at it.

Sam Lowry April 23, 2014

Did you know how could I do ?

Sam Lowry April 23, 2014

Thanks

But the Jira Website is hosted on your server.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2014

It's not on my server, unless you happen to be one of my employer's clients (even then, I don't look after them really, just help out the support team sometimes)

I guess you are incorrectly assuming that this forum is Atlassian support - it's hosted by them, they are here, but it's an end-user forum, not Atlassian support, and most of us aren't Atlassian.

I also guess you're using Atlassian's OnDemand. That mean you won't get the logs without a support request, but it also rules out nginx as being the problem. Whatever alias you are setting up is pointing to the wrong place on your OnDemand system. You need to fix the short url on your end to point at a valid place on the OnDemand system. (And remember that as soon as it's been followed, your users will revert to using the OnDemand url if they carry on clicking)

Suggest an answer