• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • How come creator name is diiffrent in People involved at customer portal and issue opened in agent view when create an issue behalf of the other person ?

How come creator name is diiffrent in People involved at customer portal and issue opened in agent view when create an issue behalf of the other person ?

vasantha June 23, 2015

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2015

Creator and Reporter can be different. Creator is the person who created it and Reporter is what we put in the field. Reporter defaults to creator but you can override it if you have the right permissions.

If you are creating an issue on behalf of someone, you will be the creator and the customer (or the other person) will be the reporter.

vasantha June 23, 2015

but when i tried to create an issue behalf of some one else using the portal as soon as i create an issue i see the creator was displayed behalf of person name in people involved group

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2015

Looks like something is overriding the creator. Probably a configuration done by your admin (like a script or workflow post function)

0 votes
vasantha June 23, 2015

my question is why creator and reporter names are same when we create an issue behalf of some one else?

Suggest an answer