How can you auto assign tasks and stories to the current user once...

Catherine Smith January 26, 2018

How can you auto assign tasks and stories to the current user once they drag a sub-task over to in progress or done?

We want the tasks and stories to be unassigned until they are picked up.

2 answers

1 vote
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2018

Hey Catherine,

I'd suggest some app adding additional (needed) post-functions to Jira, e.g. Jira Misc Workflow Extensions, Scriptrunner or Jira Workflow Toolbox (our product just to be honest here!). With that you could for example use an available post-function Set field as function of other fields and reference the parent issue's assignee field to be set with the value of the currentUser. Maybe even add some more logic depending on your workflow, but nothing too special. One way to solve that. :)

Best,

Max

Catherine Smith January 29, 2018

Thank you for your response! I appreciate your assistance.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2018

You would need an add-on like Power Scripts, Adaptivist ScriptRunner or Automation for Jira.

If you had Power Scripts you could create a post-function on the required transition with a script like this

%parent%.assignee = currentUser()

This script  would assign the current user to the parents issue.  You can read more about Power Scripts here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.jjupin/server/overview

Catherine Smith January 29, 2018

Thank you for your response! I appreciate your assistance.

Suggest an answer