• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can you auto assign tasks and stories to the current user once...

How can you auto assign tasks and stories to the current user once they drag a sub-task over to in progress or done?

We want the tasks and stories to be unassigned until they are picked up.

2 answers

Hey Catherine,

I'd suggest some app adding additional (needed) post-functions to Jira, e.g. Jira Misc Workflow Extensions, Scriptrunner or Jira Workflow Toolbox (our product just to be honest here!). With that you could for example use an available post-function Set field as function of other fields and reference the parent issue's assignee field to be set with the value of the currentUser. Maybe even add some more logic depending on your workflow, but nothing too special. One way to solve that. :)

Best,

Max

Thank you for your response! I appreciate your assistance.

0 votes

You would need an add-on like Power Scripts, Adaptivist ScriptRunner or Automation for Jira.

If you had Power Scripts you could create a post-function on the required transition with a script like this

%parent%.assignee = currentUser()

This script  would assign the current user to the parents issue.  You can read more about Power Scripts here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.jjupin/server/overview

Thank you for your response! I appreciate your assistance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you