How can we show development status(git related inofrmation) on Jira dashboard?

Rehan May 10, 2022

I would like to create a dashboard in which I want to show git information along with task information.

2 answers

0 votes
Anna Odrynska - Alpha Serve
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

Hi @Rehan 

Welcome to the Community!

Will something like this work for you?

Screenshot 2022-06-03 at 14.17.54.png

If yes, you can take a look at Smart Git Integration for Jira app, the screen is from this app in my Jira.

Anna

0 votes
Andy Rusnak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2022

Hi Rehan, 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!  What type of information are you looking to add specifically?  

You can use JQL to query issues with certain criteria from the Development tab to get your issues.  For example, to get all issues within more than 2 commits you can run: 

development[commits].all > 2

You can also add the Development column to a filter result showing in a Dashboard using the Filter Results gadget which would show you if the issue has been merged or has commits for example. 

But if you would be willing to elaborate a bit on what you are looking to show on your dashboard related to git I may be able to provide additional details for you. 

Thanks, 

Andy

Rehan May 11, 2022

Thanks @Andy Rusnak , correct we can use JQL to query issues.

We can show development status using only one column that is Development. I would like to get all the development information in columns form rather than using only one development column. I have to click on development column to get the details, is it possible to get all the development details in filter results charts itself or in any other gadget?

PR.PNG

Andy Rusnak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2022

Thanks for the additional details @Rehan !  There isn't a way out of the box that I am aware of that you can display all the development tab details in a Jira dashboard.  The filter results gadget is issue centric, so it will display one line per issue, where as the development content could have lots of pull requests or commits per issue.  

The development status column allows us to provide an entry point into the development details, without creating a more complex view in the filter gadget.

If this is functionality you would like to see potentially built into an out of the box filter gadget in a future release of Jira, you can add your feature suggestion on our Feedback page.  These are reviewed by our product team for potential inclusion in a future release of Jira. 

Best, 

Andy

Suggest an answer