How can we make assignee field is mandatory?

How can we make assignee field is mandatory?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Nope, I've been really stupid here. I have a blind spot on this particular problem, and I forget it EVERY time it comes up.

I am really sorry.

The advice to turn off "allow unassigned issues" is correct, but you can't make Assignee mandatory with field configurations. Your only option is to put some validators into the workflow. Which is not pretty for the users.

0 votes

Field configurations, or turn off "allow unassigned issues" in global configuration.

There is documentation on this stuff you know, and it's searchable - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Documentation

Field configuration related to assignee doesn't have required option.

It's not perfect, but allow for create issue with unassigned users.  Assuming your tickets go to the backlog, it's not a big deal as most backlog items are not being worked on and are generally unassigned. 

Then, to transition to via Start Work, or In Progress, place a validator on the Assignee field. The user will get a red error message the Assignee is required.

This makes assignee required to start work on a JIRA configured for unassigned issues.

you could make assignee field mandatory using scriptrunner, under behaviours

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,762 views 18 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you