How can we check if JIRA instance had a breakdown out of our notice

Hi,

Some of our users think there may be a breakdown sometime last week and recovery their tickets. However, we haven't notice about this. How can we know if there was a breakdown in JIRA self-hosted instance? I have already checked in log in Systems area, and can not find.

Please anyone can give me any suggestion about this issue?

Thanks

Tony

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Unless you have any other monitoring tools in place, logs are the only place you can check.

Check both systems logs (catalina.out, localhost logs etc) and the application log (atlassian-jira.log nules JIRA_HOME/log folder).

Hi Jobin, Thanks for your reply. Do you know if there is add-on or any other monitoring tool we can use in JIRA? Thanks Tony

You can use any monitoring tools that runs in Java. Most organizations have one or the other. But if you don't, you can use tools like Melody, Nagios, NewRelic etc. Simple JMX monitoring is also useful to check the health periodically.

OK. Thanks Answers accpted

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

528 views 23 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you