How can i unlock the Story Point estimate?

Stefan Meier January 25, 2020

I am using the Recurring Tasks Are-on and I configured many of my story Point estimates there. However, suddenly, I can neither See Nor edit the Story Point estimate there anymore. This is really Bad for me. I also noticed that the field is locked. I suspect that that is the reason because it was not locked in the past and I could edit the estimates. What can I do?

6DB04D3A-8331-482C-8AF3-9AE1AE964C8F.jpeg

3 answers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2020

Hi @Stefan Meier

This is an add-on - it might be best to look at the vendor's documentation or send them a support request via their support page.

One thing this might be related to is the old view vs the new view / next-gen. In Cloud, there are two locations for field visibility on screens:

• Screens, as Elvir mention above via Project Settings (still worth checking)
  • Issue Layout - also accessed via Project Settings, which controls the "new view" field layout

^ If you're utilising the "new view", or this is a next-gen project, check the Issue Layout to make sure the Story Points field is on the screen and not in the hidden fields section to the right-hand side.

If this doesn't work, I suggest contacting their support :)

Ste

Stefan Meier January 26, 2020

Hi Stephen, thanks for the comprehensive overview. All that you mentioned checks out fine. I filed a support request to the vendor 😊

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2020

Awesome - let us know the answer!

Ste

Like Stefan Meier likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2020

On Cloud, you can not unlock locked fields.

But in your case, you don't need to.  You need to put the story point field back on the screens you removed it from.

I didn’t remove the field from any screens. It’s always been there and it still is there. 

0 votes
elvir.dzeladin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2020

Could you post a screenshot?

Are you sure to be on a story (not a bug issue type). There are different things to be checked.

Configure board-> estimation

Project setting -> screens (check the edit screen, make sure that story points is available)

I just posted the screenshot. It’s a simple task. So what do I do now?

Suggest an answer