How can i see all the due dates on a calendar in agile board

Euclid D Souza July 26, 2018

Ive set due dates on the agile board for my team and i can organise the tasks by assignee which is great! However i cant seem to find a place to view all of these due dates to see what is falling behind etc 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2018

If you want your issues to appear in a calendar you can look at the ICS Issue Caledar Sync addon assuming you are on server. Note, Ihave no experience with it. Alternatively, without and addon you can simply display a filtered list on a dashboard sorted by due date.

Is there not a simple calendar built into the software so we can view the tasks? also how do i filter the the tasks by due date? i can only do it by assignee at the moment.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2018

actually yes there is!!! I had forgotten about the Calendar gadget. I use this today to show issues by Created Date for my JSD project but a quick look shows you can display Due Date. Sorry for the earlier misdirection! Here is a view of the gadget.

calendar.jpg

Like # people like this

hi jack,

Is this using an agile template?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2018

don't understand your question. This gadget is (should be) available to add to a dashboard. At least it is in Cloud. It has nothing to do w/ agile or non-agile templates. You simply assign a filter or project to the Jira Issues Calendar gadget.

hahaha aplogies, didnt even navigate to the dashbord! Thanks for the help!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2018

You are most welcome. If it works for you be sure to click the checkmark above to accept solution as it helps others when they have a similar question.

Eva July 15, 2019

@Jack Brickey How did you get different colours in your calendar/what do the different colours show?

In your calendar are you just showing the due dates? or are there different types of dates? 

I've tried playing around with the calendar gadget but can only get it to show one set of date. The reason I ask is that my team uses multiple dates which I want to show in the calendar as different colour, do you know if this is possible?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2019

That image is from one of my JSD projects. The colors represent priority. AFAIK you cannot change their meaning. 

Like Eva likes this

Suggest an answer