How can i reorder the fields in the Issue page?

Wanda L. Lugo August 31, 2017

jira issue page.PNGI want to configure the order of the fields on the Issue page itself.  The actual issue page that opens when you click on the Issue number link, NOT the Detail view that appears to the right of the swimlanes on the sprint board.  

3 answers

3 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2017

You can configure the order by editing the default screen being used. As a JIRA admin, go to Administration > Issues > Screens and click on the relevant screen. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/defining-a-screen-776636475.html

Wanda L. Lugo September 21, 2017

Thank you.  I have tried in the past and it didn't work.   I will try again.  

John Taber July 9, 2019

I just tried it and it does not work.  I changed the order or my attributes but the UI has not adjusted.  Do you have to save the changes or some how apply them???

Swati_Manchanda July 12, 2019

I want to change order of things on the right hand bar..like Sprint, Story points and Fix version to appear together. I can achieve that with a screen configuration change

jimmy.maher October 9, 2019

I'm having the same problem. I want fix version to be below affects version in the right bar as I have configured in the screen configuration page. See below. This is order I want on the left. The order I get (on right) is totally different

image.pngimage.png

Like # people like this
jimmy.maher October 9, 2019

And just after posting above - I figured it out. In the bottom right of the issue screen there is a configure  option ...

image.png

The fields are grouped into primary and secondary. Once I moved my two versions fields into the primary group they appeared in the order that I expected.

Maybe Atlassian should hire a user experience designer, because this is not intuitive.

Like # people like this
tung.tran July 26, 2021

@jimmy.maher Thank you! It works for me

0 votes
kudukuntla.shekar June 14, 2021

Hi all,

you can re-order your fields ,

Project settings >> Issue Layout >> order your fields and save it .

This will work only edit and view screen in jira.

0 votes
Ahmet Kilic _catworkx February 3, 2020

Hi all,

see the following link that says system field could be not reordered. You may reorder only your cutom field.

I guess, due to jira logic that on the right sides fields refer to result. That's why maybe.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-I-rearrange-fields-on-a-screen/qaq-p/216220 

Suggest an answer