How can i make hidden fields apear ( to fill in) when a card reaches a specific stage?

Alfonso A. January 31, 2020

i have a 7 stage process and in each process new information must be added to the card in other to move to the next stage.

i want to enable/add fields on different stages of the process so the operator feels prompted for the new required fields.

1 answer

0 votes
Tony Rossiter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2020

@Alfonso A. 

The best way is to add the fields in question to the view screen in your screen scheme but don't add them to the edit screen.  Then, as you progress through the workflow, add those fields you want populated downstream to the transition screens between statuses and use validators to make the fields required.  

A few things to note: 

1. Jira will not display a field with no value; however, if the fields you are trying to hide have default values, they will display on the screen when you create the issue
  2. The "transition screen only" fields still will not be accessible through the edit screen when they have a value.  If you want future editing of those fields, it needs to be done through transition screen. 

Info on advanced Jira workflow: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/advanced-workflow-configuration-776636620.html

Suggest an answer