How can i integrate a checkbox before closing an issue or make an issue only closable if a specific?

Melanie Prange December 29, 2021

I would like to include some checkbox after someone tries to close an issue. So if someone tries to set an issue to the status CLOSED/DONE, he should checkmark that he has documented the important things of the issue.

Another way would be to check if the label "documented" is set and only then make it possible to close the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help in advance!

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Oliver Siebenmarck _Polymetis Apps_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

Hi @Melanie Prange ,

Welcome to the Community!

As was already pointed out, you'll want a transition screen on the transition that closes the issue. You can put your checkbox on that screen and then use a so-called Validator to check whether that checkbox has been ticked. I believe that can even be done with the included "Field Required Validator", so no extra app needed.

This page from the Atlassian documentation explains how to set that up.

However, should you want to build more complex validators, like checking for a specific value or comparing fields, you will need an app that supports Jira Expressions. In my biased opinion Cloud Workflows is the easiest and most flexible app for this, but there also others available.

Hope that helps,
 Oliver 

Full disclosure: I work for Jodocus, the Vendor who created Cloud Workflows. Let me know if you need any help getting started, I'd be happy to help!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

you would need to put it on the transition screen when the move it to closed and make it required. You can make it required with jira suite utilities. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

Hello,

If I understand correctly want you want to do it an easy move!

You can add the specific field in a screen displayed on the transition. Then you will need to set a validator in the transition in order to make the field having a value set.

You can do this just with Workflow but you'll maybe need some plugins to get the specific validator (and some free are available for this!) maybe this is included with cloud version. 

Hope this help. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events