How can i fetch list of tickets which are not commented from last 15 days

tvishakha May 14, 2023

My team has a bad habit of not commenting on tickets , which leads miss communication.

Is there any JQL which can filter out list of tickets which are not commented from last 15 days 

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2023

Hi @tvishakha,

Jira has no native support for searching the last commented date. If your team does not have the habit of commenting on issues, it is not unlikely that they do not update tickets in other ways either, so checking for the last update may give you a first indication as well. The following JQL would return a list of tickets that were not updated in any way in the last 15 days.

Updated <= -15d

While the main thing you should try to do is work with your team on the importance of communication, I can imagine that it can help to make the problem visible.

This related thread describes a couple of workarounds you can apply (via a marketplace app or automation to store the last commented date in a separate field) to make the last comment date searchable on its own.

Hope this helps!

tvishakha May 15, 2023

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout  this will help , atleast it will give me a start point .

Really appreciate . Thanks , will work on it.

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2023

Hi @tvishakha,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

With our app Dynamic Custom Fields for Jira, you could add a custom field to your Jira issues, which displays the number of comments on your Jira issues.

Our app works with Jira expressions, but since we offer a template for "Number of comments", you don't need to be able to write expressions on your own.

• Simply navigate to the Dynamic Custom Fields config page
  • Select "Number of comments" as templates
  • Create "Dynamic Custom Field"
  • And add the new "Dynamic Custom Field" to your issues as any other Jira custom field.

Once you've added it, you can use it in basic or JQL search.

dynamic-custom-fields_number-of-comments2.png

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2023

Hi @tvishakha

if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to check out the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of so-called “smart columns” that aren’t natively available, including the time since last comment (along with many other comment-related smart columns).

This is how it looks in action:

time-since-last-comment.gif

As you can see above, you can easily view, sort, and filter by the time since last comment; you can also view the time in different formats (like number of days, or number of hours), and use it across all of JXL's advanced features such as support for configurable issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting

Once you've narrowed down your list of issues, you can work on your issues directly in JXL, trigger various operations in Jira, or export your issues with just one click.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
mauricio.groth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2023

Hi @tvishakha 

I’m Maurício, a support engineer at Appfire and I’m here to help you.

Unfortunately, using JQL of Jira, you’ll not be able to do it dynamically.

In the app where my team works, JQL Search Extensions for Jira, you can use this query to find all tickets which are not commented from last 15 days:

CommentLastCreatedOnDate <= "-15d"

Please contact our support if you have any other questions about this query.

We’ll be happy to help you!

Best regards,

Maurício

Suggest an answer