How can i export issue history from JIRA?

i want to export issue history while exporting issues of a project. 

6 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Unfortunately, that is not an option. You might want to check out the plugins in marketplace that lets you write your own export templates.

Check the free plugin Issue History Printer, If you want to deep history of issues.

It was useful for me when I need to get a full change history of issues.

The SQL for JIRA plugin supports it seamlessly. Simply, execute the SQL below:

select
from
     issuechanges c 
where
    c.issueid=10000

it will fetch the full change history for the given issue id (10000 in the example).

Note: the SQL for JIRA plugin provides a pure JDBC driver that you can use to connect remotely to the JIRA API from any JDBC compliant tool (Birt, Jasper Reports, custom Java program, etc) and export data from there in the usual way.

How we can customise the query for scenario given below.

We have to export the list of issues of Project ORR and Issutype RTM, which got changes last week with following information.

1) List of issues, With Issue key

2) What changes done to the field ( Before value and current value)

3) Who made the changes

4) When the changes sone)

A picture worth a thousand words...

(SQL for JIRA)

export to excel.gif

In case anyone is interested in the solution for JIRA Cloud, there's now plugin that exports history of changes to JIRA issues - Advanced Export.

Any custom or standard field can be exported with every change as a separate row to make it easy to analyse in spreadsheet or postprocess in any other way.

Here's documentation.

Full disclosure: I'm the author

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

137 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you