How can i do a filter to show the times taken by a ticket on different statuses

stephen_abiero February 3, 2021

I Have 7 customized statuses I would like to monitor how long a ticket takes on each status. how can I achieve this and display all of them on the dashboard

3 answers

3 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

Hi @stephen_abiero 

Natively, you can't easily see how long an issue spent in each status. 

You'll likely need an app to achieve this functionality - you could consider:

Or, see more options on the Marketplace

Ste

Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 4, 2021

Hi @stephen_abiero 

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ thanks for the mention.

My team developed the app Time in status for Jira Cloud.

It lets you monitor how long a ticket takes on each status. And you can add its gadget to Jira Dashboard and always view actual data (in tablet or chart view).

Additionally, this add-on allows analyze time data by the advanced pivot table feature.

If you need help or have any questions - let me know.

Regards

Like # people like this
1 vote
Daina Tupule eazyBI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

Hi,

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ thanks for the mention.

Yes, eazyBI has the option to analyze time in status, or time per cycle in various ways. You can check out this demo dashboard with some example reports on this.

There are many more report examples for inspiration as well.

Daina / support@eazybi.com

0 votes
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2021

Hello @stephen_abiero ,

As @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ mentioned, our app Time in Status is built exactly for this purpose. It is an automated solution that offers great flexibility and details. It is available for Jira Server, Cloud and Data Center.

Time in Status allows you to see how much time each issue spent on each status or assigned to each assignee. You can also combine statuses into consolidated columns to see metrics like Ticket Age, Cycle Time or Lead Time

You can calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by issue fields you select. (For example see the total InProgress time per Epic, or average Resolution Time per issuetype).

tisCloud_StatusDuration_Report.pngtisCloud_StatusDuration_LeadTime_Chart.png  tisCloud_IssueView_Chart_StackedColumn.png

The app calculates its reports using already existing Jira issue histories so when you install the app, you don't need to add anything to your issue workflows and you can get reports on your past issues as well.

The app has Custom calendar support that your are looking for. This feature enables you to get your reports based on a 24/7 calendar or your custom business calendar. (This one is important because a 24/7 calendar in most cases shows misleading data. For example an issue created at 16:00 on Friday and was resolved at 09:00 on next Monday seems to stay open for 2,5 days but in terms of business hours, it is only a few hours. You can see this using Time in Status by OBSS.)

Finally, the app has History Trim feature. This feature allows you to report on a subsection of issue histories instead of the whole history. Very useful when you want to focus on changes made during sprint or project phase.

Using Time in Status you can:

• See how much time each issue spent on each status, assignee, user group and also see dates of status transitions.
  • Calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by issue fields you select. (For example see average InProgress time per project and per issuetype.)
  • Export your data as XLS, XLSX or CSV.
  • Access data via REST API. (for integrations)
  • Visualize data with various chart types.
  • See Time in Status reports on Jira Dashboard gadgets (released for cloud, server&DC gadget coming soon)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1211756

EmreT

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events