How can i delete organizations permanently?

Stefani Kaimakliotou December 19, 2017

Hello,

I have created an organization once and now i do not want it to exist. I removed all the users from that organization and want to delete it permanently from JIRA. How can i do it?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2017

In the users list of your Service Desk project, select the organization so you can see the users in it.

Then, at the top right corner of your screen select the option "Delete organization":

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 10.36.29.png

Stefani Kaimakliotou December 19, 2017

Thank you very much.

Fer Ducloux July 23, 2018

Why are deleted organizations still in the database?

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2018

I have the same problem as @Fer Ducloux.

I deleted the Organization from my project and want the same one but all ridden in capital letters.

Now I always get the suggestion for the old Organization without capital letters and I cannot create the new one!! -.-

So I had to use the old one. Thankfully I was able to rename it.. but you should be able to administer all organizations existing and be able to delete them if they are not used anywhere.

Like Salomie likes this

Suggest an answer