How can i create a report for work done per individual?

malathi k s October 18, 2018

Hello,

In my case, we have a excel sheet that we follow to enter the work done per person in a particular team. It has the task, hours taken to do the task, status of the task and any remarks regarding the same. this will be shared by the team on a weekly basis and we log the work done per person in a week, and it is done manually.

I have heard that the above can be done in JIra automatically. Work done per person on a particular task and the hours taken to complete that can be done automatically. But i am unable to find that feature anywhere in JIra.

I want to know if this feature is available in JIra. If Yes, how do we do it. If no, do we need to configure something in the admin level so that we can have this feature.

Anything related to this in JIra is also appreciated.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2018

Good morning, 

i would advice you to look for an add-on called "Tempo Timesheets". I think that this is want you need! 

Best regards

CM

malathi k s October 18, 2018

Thank you for the response Chris, "Tempo Time-sheets" is not available as of now. I have only TestRail configured in Add-ons. Does the admin have to configure for "Tempo Time-sheets"?

Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2018

@malathi k s as long it's not available then the administrator should install it to the system! I should mention too, that "Tempo Timesheets" is not a free plugin. 

Therefore your admin should talk with the responsible person in your company for the extra expense if he decide to include it, to the system!

i hope that i have helped you!

Best regards

CM

malathi k s October 19, 2018

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the response, It was helpful.

Regards,

Malathi.

Victor Reinhart August 28, 2022

Is this answer still current?  We are doing lots of manual work tracking the hours worked by each person to put into our timesheets.

I would like a standard report "My Hours", which would show for each day in a range of dates how many hours I charged to each Jira.

This seems like a feature which would help a lot of people.

"Tempo Timesheets" is not a free plugin.   Hmmm, is there no way for me to report this?  I'm a computer programmer.  It seems that Jira has just 1 report (count them: one) which is only slightly helpful for this task.

Currently, I look at every single Jira I have worked on in a one-week period.  But this report just gives me a hyperlink to every Jira.  So if I worked on 10 Jiras in a week, I have to open all 10 Jiras, then look through all the hours charged by all people (not just me), and put this total into my timesheet.  Very labor intensive and error-prone.

Sincerely,

Victor Reinhart

Suggest an answer