How can i create a company managed project with a shared configuration via REST API?

Juergen Koeck May 24, 2023

I want to create Projects from a script and there is no modifier for this

And can somebody tell me the difference between these two?

com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-simplified-agility-scrum
vs.
com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-simplified-scrum-classic

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Wohlgemuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2023

Hello @Juergen Koeck

from the top of my head, i believe gh-simplified-agility-scrum is the "team managed" version of a scrum software project, and gh-simplified-scrum-classic is the "company managed" version.

regards

Juergen Koeck May 24, 2023

Hello @Michael Wohlgemuth 

Thank you!
Is it the same if i insert the IDs of the Schemes in the POST Call in the Create Project as if i would create a company managed project with a shared configuration?

Michael Wohlgemuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2023

Im not sure about the shared config to be honest.

This is what i POST to the endpoint and it works fine for creating new projects with their own schemes and such. "type" is the type of project (i.e. business, software) and "psubtype" is the type of project (i.e. com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-simplified-scrum-classic for example).

There seems to be a way to set a permission scheme too, but again, i havent tried that, and when it comes to workflow schemes and such ive got 0 clue currently.

data = {

"key": key,

"name": name,

"description": description,

"leadAccountId": lead,

"projectTypeKey": type,

"projectTemplateKey": psubtype

}

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN