How can i collapase all sprints?

Linda Glassop December 4, 2018

When I clear my cache and return to Jira all sprints are open. How can I collapse ALL. VERRRRRRRRY annoying to have to do this for individual sprints everytime rather than collapse ALL.

3 answers

0 votes
vlad_olt April 25, 2023

Hi, here's what has worked for me:

* In Jira, go to the Sprint Backlog view (the one that lists all the sprints)

* Open the Inspect tool (I've used this in Chrome, didn't test in another browser) - to do this, just right-click on the page and select Inspect from the menu

* Go to the Console tab in the tool

* Type (paste) this: document.body.innerHTML = document.body.innerHTML.replace(/ghx-open/g, "ghx-closed") and press Enter; this will cause all the sprints to become collapsed

* If you want to expand them all, type document.body.innerHTML = document.body.innerHTML.replace(/ghx-closed/g, "ghx-open")

I hope it helps ;)

vlad_olt April 26, 2023

Unfortunately, this has the limitation of making the buttons on the page no longer functional or not functioning properly. For instance, when pressing the sprint "..." button to reach the menu that allows moving the sprint up or down, I get a screen with this text:

{"id":820,"sections":[{"groupId":"sprint-update-action","actions":[{"id":"gh-sprint-update","name":"Edit sprint","url":"/jira","styleClass":""}]}]}

If anyone knows how to solve this, I would really appreciate a suggestion. Thanks a lot!

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2018

Hello Linda,

Thank you for raising this question.

I completely agree with you that a button to collapse all Sprints would be very useful for some teams.

Unfortunately, JIRA does not have this functionality on Cloud, that's why we have opened the following feature request with our development team: 

Collapse/Expand All button to collapse or expand all sprints in the Backlog

Please, vote and watch the feature request in order to increase its priority and also be aware of any updates.

Please, let me know if I can help you with anything else, Linda.

Robert McKenzie July 29, 2021

My Jira use to open in "collapse" mode, but two weeks ago, now opens in "Expand".  It is not good, and it is ugly. (I am using Jira Server)

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2018

Hello Linda and welcome to the Community!

Your frustration on the inability to be able to collapse all sprints is not alone. The good news is there is a feature request to have this ability added to Jira. You can find the feature request at JSWCLOUD-11198, we would urge you to vote and watch this request for future updates. There is also a request for Jira server at JRASERVER-66690.

As it stands, there is no work around (other than manually collapsing all sprints).

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer